Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for Essay Competition – “WHAT ARE YOUR IDEAS IN REGARD TO RAISING THE ENGAGEMENT OF YOUNG PEOPLE IN EUROPE?“
Rules concerning participants eligibility:
- Participants must be undergraduate students (who have at least completed three years of study, or six semesters, at a university or an equivalent institute of higher education) or graduate students up to 26 years old, who are nationals of European Union Member States.
- Entrants must have a good knowledge (at least B2 level) of one official EU language, of which should be either English, French or German.
- Must not have been granted a paid traineeship in the EU institutions or not yet have already been in full time gainful employment after the completion of their studies.
Rules concerning submissions:
- Only original and unpublished analysis and recommendations on the question.
- Submissions must be written in English.
- Submissions must include a short introduction, your intention and views, as well as your motivation to solve the problems you have identified.
- Format must be Times New Roman, 12, 1.5 line spacing. Word count maximum is 2,000 words (approximately 4 pages).
- Only PDF files will be accepted.
- Copyright is transferred to the EPP Group upon submission of entry. By submitting your work you agree to transfer the copyright (and related rights) of the submitted work to the EPP Group. This transfer includes the right to footage placement(s) in all subsequent publications and versions (including translations and adaptations) of the article in any (social) media, now known or later developed, as well as placement in all relevant publications of the EPP Group in all media, now known or later developed.
The top 3 winners will be awarded the unique opportunity of completing a 5-month paid traineeship (September 2024 – January 2025) with the EPP Group at the European Parliament.
The top 10 participants will receive an invitation for the EPP Group Youth Week 4 – 7 September 2023 in Brussels.
The winners will be announced on Monday 19th June 2023 @ 12:00 CET and informed by email.
The eligible entries will be judged by a selection of European Parliament Members and expert Administrators responsible for the chosen subject matter. They will be judged based on the quality, originality and creativity of challenges, ideas and solutions that are identified, as well as the use of English.
Please note that the English version of the Terms & Conditions for this competition is the only official one, while the ones in other languages are only courtesy translations.